OpenGL Headline News
Looking for complete set of C++11 classes to wrap OpenGL 4.6 that relies on modern Direct State Access (DSA) usage? Try Ali Can Demiralp’s wrapper on github.com based on GLEW 2.1. Also supports CUDA interoperation and GLM for OpenGL Mathematics.
If you decide to install Google Earth today, you will be interacting with the Pro version. In the past you had the option to switch between DirectX or OpenGL when running Google Earth on Windows, now the application defaults to OpenGL mode. Learn about the other improvements.
With SIGGRAPH 2017 almost behind us, we wanted to ensure you could find everything Khronos related one place:
- Khronos SIGGRAPH 2017 Event page
- Press Release: Khronos Releases OpenGL 4.6 with SPIR-V Support
- OpenGL 4.6 Feedback forum
- Press Release: Khronos Releases Graphics API Updates and Demonstrates Ecosystem Advancement at SIGGRAPH 2017
- Blog: Strong glTF Ecosystem Momentum at SIGGRAPH 2017
- Blog: Khronos Announces the Vulkan Portability Initiative
- Presentation Slides
- Video: Playlist from Khronos BOFs
- Photos from SIGGRAPH
OpenGL 4.6 adds support for SPIR-V extensions (GL_ARB_spirv_extensions) so you can tell what OpenGL extensions have corresponding SPIR-V support. The GPU Caps Viewer has been updated to report the SPIR-V extensions of OpenGL 4.6 drivers.
Excited about NVIDIA’s latest driver with OpenGL 4.6 support? But you missed getting the details at SIGGRAPH 2017? Watch Jeff Kiel and Mark Kilgard explain OpenGL 4.6, a live demo of Nsight analyzing GFXBench’s OpenGL path, multi-vendor interop, NVIDIA’s open source contributions for graphics, and more. Alternatively flip through theslides.