Where does the actual opengl shader compiler implement?

hello all:
I do some opengl work in windows visual studio 2012. Few month ago, I modified the shader code and it worked. Now I am back to this work, and the shader compiler give me some errors. I know these errors means the code did not follow the openglsl spec. But I want to recover the previous compiler status first. Does anyone know where the actual opengl shader compiler lib or how do I recover the updates?
I looked the glew library, but I did NOT change or modified this source or library. I guess this is not what I want to recover, don’t I?
Thanks all.

The shader compiler is part of the OpenGL implementation, which is part of the video driver. GLSL code which works with a particular driver may not work with a driver for different hardware or even with a different version of the driver for the same hardware.

You cannot choose to use a compiler other than the one which the video driver provides, as the compiler needs to generate code which is compatible both with the GPU and with the rest of the driver.

But it worked successfully (I just mean no error) few months ago. Can I recover to previous version and which libraries or package do I recover?

Like the man said, the compiler is in your video card driver.

If you wish to revert to an earlier version, you need to roll back your video card driver.

Thanks all for your replies. I follow the nvidia guidance to rollback my gpu driver, and it can work now.

A word of advice: if you’re only going to be using this program yourself, this is OK. If you’re going to ship it to other people, then expecting them to also roll back their drivers is not good. You would be better served by finding out what actually caused this problem, and fixing it.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.