XHTML/DOCBOOK specification with 3D schemas

It would be nice to have the specifications available in XHTML (one gz file, tarball…) and/or DOCBOOK.
Moreover, that would be even more powerfull with 3D schemas illustrating the OpenGL 3D operations.
And the last but not the least… maybe to add a new section connecting explicitely all the OpenGL operations to 3D algebra.

The next version of the man pages is being done in Docbook+MathML. The .spec files out of which the headers and some other documents are built will be converted to XML as well.

Migrating the core API specs would be a very large task, and I like LaTeX. Might happen, but not anytime soon.

maybe to add a new section connecting explicitely all the OpenGL operations to 3D algebra
I’m not really sure what you mean with that. IMHO the math used in the OpenGL spec is very detailed where it is apropriate.

About the 3D schemas: I think this is a job for books like the redbook, not for the specification. The spec should state exactly what an implementation should do, and what the application programmer can do with it. This should be specified as precise as possible, with sketches only where neccessary to understand what the formulas mean.

3D schemas
What’s a 3D Schema?

My english is not that good, but I interpreted it as something like a sketch or diagram (obviously in 3D :stuck_out_tongue: ). At least that’s what the word means in german.