Configure can't find GL/gl.h

I’m running Mandrake 8.0 and using an NVIDIA GeForce2 video card.
I’ve installed the latest drivers using the tars from the NVIDIA site. Everything is great so far…
then, I I try to install a GUI Toolkit called FOX (has opengl support) using the configure command. Well, the configure says it can’t find GL/gl.h. I look in /usr/X11R6/include/GL and the gl.h is there. If this is not the correct location, where should it ( and the other opengl header files ) be located? I checked the configure script and associated files, but could not ascertain the location it was looking for. Please help, I’m almost bald from pulling out my hair.

Perhaps that add a -I/usr/X11R6/include into your makefile can resolve this ?

@+
Cyclone

[This message has been edited by cyclone (edited 09-12-2001).]

I would put the include directive in the makefile; however, the configure script file is making the makefiles. It calls a macro called AC_CHECK_HEADER( GL/gl.h, “OPENGL=HAVE_OPENGL”,)
to search for GL/gl.h and set the OPENGL argument if found.
Funny, I installed the FOX gui( with the same configure script) on Mandrake 7.1 with a VooDoo video card and opengl, and everything works fine. Hmmm.

Funny, I just ran in to that last night
(so I still remember)
The error message is not complete!
If glut.h is there, then u better check for glu.h!
Lack of glu.h generates the same error message :z

gl.h
<never mind>

/usr/include/GL
gl.h
glext.h
glu.h
glut.h

the directory path is right!

Have u found the solution?
I have the similer problem, when i want to produce the makefile for a program “view3ds”.

labbit

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.