GeForce driver problem??

I’m running 2183 drivers on a P4/1.7Ghz/256Mb RIMM/GeForce2MX 200/Win2000

I currently working at a 3D RTS engine using OpenGL, and sometimes, when I exit the application, the screen turns to black, and nothing is visible.
I really don’t know what the problem is. Recently i’ve read the Unreal Technology page, and there I saw they encountered the same problem on their previous OpenGL renderer.

Now, other problem…
when i run the same application on Win98, the performance is very poor.
I mean on Win2000 I have 100+ fps, (VSYNC off,ANTIALIAS off, 16bpp zbuffer, no stencil) and in Win98 I have a maximmum of 39-40 fps ).

>> I mean on Win2000 I have 100+ fps, (VSYNC off,ANTIALIAS off, 16bpp zbuffer, no stencil) and in Win98 I have a maximmum of 39-40 fps ).

When you turn vsync off, do you do so via the Geforce settings panel or from within the program using the MS extension made for this purpose? The last choice is the most reliable.

Originally posted by jacobmarner:
When you turn vsync off, do you do so via the Geforce settings panel or from within the program using the MS extension made for this purpose? The last choice is the most reliable.

Of course I do it by using an extension (Swap control EXT)…
What’s this have to do with it? or it has?..

Nervus,

Does this occur with more recent drivers?
Can you send me a small repro executable?

Cass

Originally posted by cass:
[b]Nervus,

Does this occur with more recent drivers?
Can you send me a small repro executable?

Cass[/b]

Hi Cass, and 10x for your GLH.
Yes, i’m using the latest drivers available.
The problem is I cannot send you the executable, because it’s really complex, I mean it needs a lot of textures, scripts, and many other stuff a game uses…
As I said before, I’ve read on the Unreal Technology page that they encountered the same problem, and they also thank’d the staff from NVidia for helping them fix it.
Maybe you can find out who helped them, and give me a sign .