Objects flickering at random.

I have an object which I render at load-time into several display lists (for LOD use). As I display the object, several polys flicker in and out of existence. The problem is entirely random, in that it is (almost) never the same poly displaying the problem over the movement, but also predictable, in that if the scene does not change then which polys exist and which don’t remains constant.

Has anyone ever encountered this before?!?

…Chambers

Hello

This sounds like z-fighting. If you are using a 16-bit z-buffer try to use 24-bit. Also maybe you are drawing two polygons in the same place or maybe two whole objects in the same place, this could cause your problem. Also, don’t have too big far/near clip plane ratio.

Osku

Originally posted by Osku:
[b]Hello

This sounds like z-fighting. If you are using a 16-bit z-buffer try to use 24-bit. Also maybe you are drawing two polygons in the same place or maybe two whole objects in the same place, this could cause your problem. Also, don’t have too big far/near clip plane ratio.

Osku[/b]

Thanks, that got me going. The problem seemed to be that I had a near clipping plane of depth 0, which caused funny things to happen no matter what I set the far plane to

…Chambers