Which OpenGL version do this hardware supports?

I wonder which versions of OpenGL the following hardware supports.

Geforce MX4000
Geforce FX5200
Geforce 6800GT
Geforce 7800GT

ATI Radeon 7000
ATI Radeon 9800
ATI Radeon 9600XT
ATI Radeon X800Pro
ATI Radeon X1800XT

http://www.delphi3d.net/hardware/index.php

Originally posted by Relic:
http://www.delphi3d.net/hardware/index.php
Thanks for the list but the version numbers I’ve seen usually looks like 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 etc.

So what does for example 6.14.10.4579 correspond to? 1.4?

The long version you mention is the driver version, it dos not say which OpenGL version it supports, you have to click on the link to access the full pages, then read the little “OpenGL version” right below the driver version … :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by <xyz>:
The long version you mention is the driver version, it dos not say which OpenGL version it supports, you have to click on the link to access the full pages, then read the little “OpenGL version” right below the driver version … :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks, but since many cards suppport both 2.0 and 1.5 does that mean that it is the driver and not the card that sets the version support? Or does a card automatically supports 2.0 if one of the links for that card says 2.0?

to have opengl 2 support, you need both :

• the hardware
  • the driver

BTW it is the same with DirectX, to have DX9 support, you need both a DX9-class card, AND to install DX9.

of course, you can have OpenGL2 running in software emulation but that is not what you want.

Originally posted by <xyz>:
[b]to have opengl 2 support, you need both :

• the hardware
  • the driver

BTW it is the same with DirectX, to have DX9 support, you need both a DX9-class card, AND to install DX9.

of course, you can have OpenGL2 running in software emulation but that is not what you want.[/b]
Ok, I understand that.

Thanks for the help.

I’ve taken a look at the list. It looks like almost every card supports OpenGL 2.0. Am I right?

Is there anything called OpenGL 3.0 btw?