MOHAA crashes with OpenGL

when i tried to play the game “medal of honor” the following messages appear…

"Initializing OpenGL driver
…getting DC: succeeded
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 24, 0 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
…restoring display settings
…WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL
…assuming ‘3dfxvgl’ is a standalone driver
…initializing QGL
…WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
…shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem"

can anyone help me to fix this problem?

I have the exact same problem and my hardware exceeds all minumal specs. In my attempt to see if download the latest drivers for OpenGL, I can’t get through to the glsetup.com site.

What video card are you using? Since it’s finding “3dfxvgl”, I (and the game) are assuming you have a 3dfx (Voodoo?) card. Also, what operating system?

Same problem using a GeForce 2 card.
I’ve tried loading various drivers from NVidia. The fault I see is as above but dxdiag highlights NVDISP.DRV as non-certificated. When I tried certain drivers dxdiag says all ok but once I reboot its logged as non-cert again.

I’m also seeing the same issue on my Creative Plat 5.1 audio. Dxdiag complains about the EMU10K driver - can anyone help on both these issues. Thanx.

Originally posted by PACER:
[b]Same problem using a GeForce 2 card.
I’ve tried loading various drivers from NVidia. The fault I see is as above but dxdiag highlights NVDISP.DRV as non-certificated. When I tried certain drivers dxdiag says all ok but once I reboot its logged as non-cert again.

I’m also seeing the same issue on my Creative Plat 5.1 audio. Dxdiag complains about the EMU10K driver - can anyone help on both these issues. Thanx.[/b]

P.S. forgot to mention running Win98

Well, I think Soundblaster.com had some new drivers a couple weeks ago for the Creative cards, perhaps that would help with your problems with the audio. As far as the video problems, you’ll probably have better luck at the Mohaa.com help forums:
http://www.mohaa.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=809c3d660cef7c0f9ef27238d8102299

Good luck!

Originally posted by yakuza:
[b]Well, I think Soundblaster.com had some new drivers a couple weeks ago for the Creative cards, perhaps that would help with your problems with the audio. As far as the video problems, you’ll probably have better luck at the Mohaa.com help forums:
http://www.mohaa.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=809c3d660cef7c0f9ef27238d8102299

Good luck![/b]

Thanks Yakuza. I’ll try the things youve mentioned. Cheers.

Originally posted by jazzmailman:
[b]when i tried to play the game “medal of honor” the following messages appear…

"Initializing OpenGL driver
…getting DC: succeeded
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 24, 0 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
…restoring display settings
…WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL
…assuming ‘3dfxvgl’ is a standalone driver
…initializing QGL
…WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
…shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )[/b]

I’ve just purchased MOHAA today and very annoyed. Have exactly the same problem re openGL. Have Pentium 4, XP system. Anyone got a definitive solution?