This page indexes into user-submitted OpenGL tutorials. Please create your tutorials as a page linked off of this page. Additional third party tutorials are listed on the OpenGL Getting Started page.
These tutorials should explain how to create windows that OpenGL can render into under various operating systems and windowing platforms.
These tutorials teach OpenGL for those who know Java, using the JOGL bindings for OpenGL.
- Tutorial: Setting up OpenGL in Java
- Tutorial: Drawing 2D Shapes
- Tutorial: Adding Colour
- Tutorial: 3D Shapes and Rotation
OpenGL 3.2 Core Profile
These tutorials focus on programming the OpenGL 3.2 Core Profile.
- Tutorial1: Creating a Cross Platform OpenGL 3.2 Context in SDL (C / SDL)
- Tutorial2: VAOs, VBOs, Vertex and Fragment Shaders (C / SDL)
- Tutorial3: Rendering 3D Objects (C /SDL)
- Tutorial4: Using Indices and Geometry Shaders (C /SDL)