Difference between revisions of "GLAPI/glGetShader"
m (moved GLAPI/glGetShaderiv to GLAPI/glGetShader over redirect: Normalizing names of API functions, so that they don't have suffixes.)
Revision as of 22:58, 29 January 2012
|Core in version||4.5|
|Core since version||2.0|
glGetShaderiv: Returns a parameter from a shader object
void glGetShaderiv(GLuint shader, GLenum pname, GLint *params);
- Specifies the shader object to be queried.
- Specifies the object parameter. Accepted symbolic names are GL_SHADER_TYPE, GL_DELETE_STATUS, GL_COMPILE_STATUS, GL_INFO_LOG_LENGTH, GL_SHADER_SOURCE_LENGTH.
- Returns the requested object parameter.
glGetShader returns in params the value of a parameter for a specific shader object. The following parameters are defined:
- params returns GL_VERTEX_SHADER if shader is a vertex shader object, GL_GEOMETRY_SHADER if shader is a geometry shader object, and GL_FRAGMENT_SHADER if shader is a fragment shader object.
- params returns GL_TRUE if shader is currently flagged for deletion, and GL_FALSE otherwise.
- params returns GL_TRUE if the last compile operation on shader was successful, and GL_FALSE otherwise.
- params returns the number of characters in the information log for shader including the null termination character (i.e., the size of the character buffer required to store the information log). If shader has no information log, a value of 0 is returned.
- params returns the length of the concatenation of the source strings that make up the shader source for the shader, including the null termination character. (i.e., the size of the character buffer required to store the shader source). If no source code exists, 0 is returned.
If an error is generated, no change is made to the contents of params.
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if shader is not a value generated by OpenGL.
GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if shader does not refer to a shader object.
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if pname is not an accepted value.
glGetShaderInfoLog with argument shader
glGetShaderSource with argument shader
Copyright © 2003-2005 3Dlabs Inc. Ltd. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/.