|Core in version||4.5|
|Core since version||4.3|
|Core ARB extension||ARB_clear_buffer_object|
glClearBufferData: fill a buffer object's data store with a fixed value
void glClearBufferData(GLenum internalformat, GLenum format, GLenum type, const void * data);
- Specify the target of the operation. target must be one of the global buffer binding targets.
- The internal format with which the data will be stored in the buffer object.
- The size, in basic machine units of the range of the data store to fill.
- The format of the data in memory addressed by data.
- The type of the data in memory addressed by data.
- The address of a memory location storing the data to be replicated into the buffer's data store.
glClearBufferData fills the entirety of a buffer object's data store with data from client memory. Data, initially supplied in a format specified by format in data type type is read from the memory address given by data and converted into the internal representation given by internalforamt. This converted data is then replicated throughout the buffer object's data store.
If data is NULL, then the buffer's data store is filled with zeros.
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if target not one of the generic buffer binding targets.
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if no buffer is bound to target.
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if internalformat is not a sized internal format.
Copyright © 2011-2012 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/.