Revision as of 16:05, 12 February 2012 by Alfonse (cleanup)
|Warning: This article describes legacy OpenGL APIs that have been removed from core OpenGL 3.1 and above (they are only deprecated in OpenGL 3.0). It is recommended that you not use this functionality in your programs.|
|This article needs proper formatting or improved descriptions. Further details can be found on the talk page.|
What follows are links to small bits of code and examples submitted by outside parties. Many of these use functionality no longer available in core OpenGL.
- OpenGL Win32 AppWizard: This appwizard creates a basic OpenGL application in MFC. Only works for Visual Studio 6 and VC 2002.
- OpenGL Multiple Document Interface: Sample code for using pure Win32 functions for creating an MDI-style application. That is, multiple OpenGL windows with separation bars between them and the like.
- D-language OpenGL Text Rendering: Tutorial in D for using FreeType and OpenGL to render text.
- Simple Triangle Tutorial: A Win32 tutorial that draws a triangle. Covers OpenGL setup.
- Simple Texture Mapping Information: Discusses the basics of textures and mapping. Does not cover mipmaps.
- Space Sim Tutorial: A tutorial, for multiple OS's, for making space sims. Includes Linux, MacOSX, and Windows versions, and some OpenGL 3.3 material.
- OpenGL in MFC Dialog: Explains how to create an OpenGL window within an MFC dialog.
- OpenGL Intro in French: A French language introduction to OpenGL.
- Assorted OpenGL sample code
- Generating Resolution-Independent Meshes: Tutorial for using WMF and PostScript output to create resolution-independent meshes.
- OpenGL in ActiveX Control: Uses ATL to create an ActiveX control that use OpenGL.
- OpenGL Fog: Tutorial on Fog.
- Misc. OpenGL Code Samples
- Texture and Filtering Discussion: A short discussion on OpenGL texture filtering and image formats.
- Bump Mapping Tutorial
- Shadow Mapping Tutorial
- Perspective Zooming Sample Code: A sample that shows how to create unconventional perspective projection matrices, for the purpose of zooming.
- StereoLithography File Viewer
- Non-Photorealistic Rendering Survey: A series of links to papers on various Non-Photorealistic Rendering techniques.
- Borland C Compiler Introduction: How to get started using Borland C compiler.
- GLSL-based Tutorials: Explains how to use GLSL. GL 2.1 focused.
- GLSL Texturing Tutorial
- Marching Cubes with Geometry Shaders
- Assorted Code Samples: All pre-GL 2.1 stuff.
- Short Tutorial Series: Deprecated tutorial series.
- Assorted Graphics Demos: Several graphical effects are shown off, with sample code and a basic explanation of how it works.