OpenGL Headline News
NVIDIA is proud to announce the immediate availability of OpenGL 4 drivers for Linux as well as OpenGL 4 WHQL-certified drivers for Windows. Additionally, support for eight new extensions is provided:
- ARB_texture_compression_bptc – provides new texture compression formats for both fixed-point and high dynamic range floating-point texels.
- EXT_shader_image_load_store - allows GLSL- and assembly-based shaders to load from, store to, and perform atomic read-modify-write operations to texture images.
- EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit - provides OpenGL shading language support for vertex shader inputs with 64-bit floating-point components and OpenGL API support for specifying the value of those inputs.
- NV_vertex_attrib_integer_64bit - provides support for specifying vertex attributes with 64-bit integer components, analogous to the 64-bit floating point support added in EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit.
- NV_gpu_program5 - provides assembly programmability support for new hardware features provided by NVIDIA’s OpenGL 4.0-capable hardware in vertex, fragment, and geometry programs.
- NV_tesssellation_program5 - provides assembly programmability support for tessellation control and evaluation programs.
- NV_gpu_shader5 - provides a superset of the features provided in ARB_gpu_shader5 and GLSL 4.00. This includes support for a full set of 8-, 16-, 32-, and 64-bit scalar and vector integer data types, and more. Additionally, it allows patches (as used in tessellation) to be passed on to the geometry shader, used as input to transform feedback, and rasterized as a set of control points.
- NV_shader_buffer_store – extends the bindless graphics capabilities of the NV_shader_buffer_load extension. This extension provides the ability to store to buffer object memory, and to perform atomic read-modify-write operations, using either GLSL- or assembly-based shaders.
The official feedback thread is available in the OpenGL Discussion Forums. The drivers and extension documentation can be downloaded from http://developer.nvidia.com/object/opengl_driver.html