The Khronos™ Group today announced the ratification and public release of the OpenCL™ 1.1 specification, the latest version of the open, royalty-free standard for cross-platform, parallel programming of modern processors. OpenCL 1.1 adds significant functionality for enhanced parallel programming flexibility, functionality and performance including:
- New data types including 3-component vectors and additional image formats;
- Handling commands from multiple hosts and processing buffers across multiple devices;
- Operations on regions of a buffer including read, write and copy of 1D, 2D or 3D rectangular regions;
- Enhanced use of events to drive and control command execution;
- Additional OpenCL C built-in functions such as integer clamp, shuffle and asynchronous strided copies;
- Improved OpenGL interoperability through efficient sharing of images and buffers by linking OpenCL and OpenGL events.
Jun 14, 2010 | Category: Developers •