OpenGL News Archives
GPU Caps Viewer 1.34.0 adds the support of the latest GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Radeon RX 580, RX 570 and RX 560 (based on Polaris 10/11 GPUs) as well as Radeon Pro WX 7100, WX 5100 and WX 4100. New Vulkan and OpenGL demos (based on GeeXLab engine) have been added in the 3D demos panel. GPU Caps Viewer is a graphics card information utility focused on the OpenGL, Vulkan, OpenCL and CUDA API level support of the main (primary) graphics card. Complete changelog is online.
Cloud Imperium Games developer Ali Brown indicated that Star Citizen will be dropping DirectX support in favor of Vulkan. Specifically, Brown mentioned that CIG had been developing on DX11, with an intent to support DX12. However, because Vulkan enables single-API support for older version of Windows (and Linux) without sacrificing performance and features, the plan now is to move away from DirectX completely.
GPU Caps Viewer 1.33.0 adds the support of some recent GPUs and fixes a crash in Vulkan demos with recent NVIDIA and AMD graphics drivers. All Vulkan code has been recompiled with latest Vulkan headers (v1.0.42). GPU Caps Viewer is a graphics card information utility focused on the OpenGL, Vulkan, OpenCL and CUDA API level support of the main graphics card.
- Adoption Grows for Vulkan; New Features Released: Press Release
- OpenXR - Cross-Platform, Portable, Virtual Reality: Homepage - Blog
- Call for Participation in the New 3D Portability Exploratory Group: Homepage
- WebGL 2.0 Specification Finalized and Shipping – Work on Next Generation WebGL Underway!: Blog
- Final Call for Feedback on glTF™ 2.0: Blog
- Request for Quote - Blender glTF Exporter: More information
In addition to the news, Khronos has a booth at GDC with lots of demo's going on, and will be updating the new @OpenXR and Flickr frequently.