Where can I safely download OPENGL ARB_VIEWPORT ARRAY extension?

Hi,
I’m trying to get started on an online ArcGisPro course. Before I began, my labtop has to be checked to see if it can run ArcGis software. During the system check of my labtop, I was notified that OPENGL ARB_VIEWPORT ARRAY was not downloaded or installed on my labtop. I’m running on Windows 10. Having the OPENGL ARB_VIEWPORT ARRAY extension is mandatory for me to run ArcGis Pro and me to begin this online course.

I’ve searched for the download on Google but I believe I was taken to shady-looking websites that may download a virus on my computer. There were several buttons on these websites that prompted me to click on them, but they looked like ads or malware that may download something awful on my computer.

Do any of you where I can download the official extension from its official parent company website and provide a link?
I’ve done a lot of searching, but no luck.
Thanks.
Joe

You can’t download extensions. Extensions are features which a particular implementation (video hardware plus driver) may or may not support. Any link purporting to be a download for an OpenGL extension is almost certainly malware.

You need to check for graphics drivers on the website of the manufacturer of your video hardware; typically AMD or nVidia if you have a discrete GPU, or Intel if you’re using the integrated graphics feature of an Intel CPU. It’s possible that the most recent video driver supports the extension even if the driver which came with the laptop doesn’t.

If the hardware doesn’t support OpenGL 3.3, it probably won’t support the ARB_viewport_array extension (drivers can only expose features which the hardware is capable of supporting). In which case, the only option is likely to be to upgrade the laptop.

[QUOTE=JoePaschal;1292511]I’m trying to get started on an online ArcGisPro course. …
my labtop has to be checked to see if it can run ArcGis software. …
OPENGL ARB_VIEWPORT ARRAY was not downloaded or installed on my labtop. I’m running on Windows 10.[/QUOTE]

GL Caps Viewer will give you a full report on what your current OpenGL drivers are capable of.

For a subset of existing GPUs that support ARB_viewport_array, see this link: GPUInfo: ARB_viewport_array reports. You can sort the table by clicking on column headers. Enter your GPU in the renderer column text field to see if anyone has gotten ARB_viewport_array support on your GPU with a different driver version.

If you know that your GPU should support ARB_viewport_array, then as GClements said, you should update your graphics driver. Failing that, you can try Installing the Mesa3D OpenGL library for use by the ArcGis Pro application. This may run fairly slow as it emulates the graphics pipeline on the CPU rather than the GPU, but it may give you an option until you upgrade your graphics hardware. For information on both of these methods, see: Getting Started#Windows in the OpenGL wiki.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.