Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Thread: Problem linking openGL dev libraries

Junior Member Newbie

Smile Problem linking openGL dev libraries

I'm having trouble getting libopengl32.a to link into my program.
    The compiler is finding the library and it's not a c linkage problem afaik.

Here's the compiler output:

d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:42: undefined reference to `glCreateProgram@0'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:45: undefined reference to `glCreateShader@4'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:54: undefined reference to `glShaderSource@16'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:57: undefined reference to `glCompileShader@4'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:61: undefined reference to `glGetShaderiv@12'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:65: undefined reference to `glAttachShader@8'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:68: undefined reference to `glCreateShader@4'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:77: undefined reference to `glShaderSource@16'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:80: undefined reference to `glCompileShader@4'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:84: undefined reference to `glGetShaderiv@12'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:88: undefined reference to `glAttachShader@8'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:91: undefined reference to `glLinkProgram@4'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:95: undefined reference to `glGetProgramiv@12'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:99: undefined reference to `glGetAttribLocation@8'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:112: undefined reference to `glGenBuffers@8'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:113: undefined reference to `glBindBuffer@8'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:114: undefined reference to `glBufferData@16'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:117: undefined reference to `glGenBuffers@8'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:118: undefined reference to `glBindBuffer@8'
    d:/my_projects/cubic_mahjong/working/source/main/c++/opengl.cpp:119: undefined reference to `glBufferData@16'

Thanks in advance for any help. Greatly appreciated.
    Clarrie.

Senior Member OpenGL Guru Dark Photon's Avatar
    Because you're running on Windows, you need to use an extension loader like GLEW to query and provide the OpenGL function pointers: