Basic installation requirments

hello, I have been trying to figure out for a couple of days what are the memory requirements to installing openGL on a pgu, and while I managed to find a lot of information on the subject, I couldn’t figure out:

what is the actual size of this package, that is, how much space do I need to have on my constant memory do I need to allocate to OpenGL?

I am programming on a Jetson TX2 card using ubuntu.

I am sorry if this seems like a very simple question, but I have no experience with this program. I am working on an university project where we need to install elastic fusion SLAM on a gpu with very limited storage space but a lot of computation power, and in order to plan it out the extensions we need to add to it I am trying to write a list of the storage requirements for each program, including openGL. I tried to just install it and check myself but instead I filled out the storage that was left on the card and we had to wipe it off and reinstall the OS.

thank you and have a good day
hopefully a future openGL user.

[QUOTE=matanv;1292296]…what are the memory requirements to installing openGL on a pgu

what is the actual size of this package, that is, how much space do I need …to allocate to OpenGL?

I am programming on a Jetson TX2 card using ubuntu.[/QUOTE]

It’s unclear whether you’re asking about the disk space needed to download the driver, or the disk space required by the installed driver, or the CPU memory consumed by some subset of the driver’s kernel modules and/or userspace libraries in order to run with the driver.

In any case, the answers to all of these questions are going to depend on which driver you install. Since you’re targetting an NVidia Jetson TX2 Tegra board, I’m going to assume you’re at least considering trying the NVidia Linux driver. If so, just download it here. For specific questions about their drivers, check the documentation that ships with the driver, or post on the NVidia Developer Forums.

Also, you don’t install OpenGL on the GPU. It’s installed on the host. The driver itself internally makes use of the GPU when you make calls to the OpenGL API.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.