OpenGL Render Frame Cap

So basically any game that I run with OpenGL has a frame cap of 39. I have no idea how this happened but it started when I upgraded my GT 730 to a GTX 1050. This isnt a Vsync issue since I have it disabled. My monitor is 60 Hertz anyways so it would have capped at 60 instead of 39. i have been trying to find a fix for 6 months and am losing hope. I really hope someone can help me.

Need more details to even take a stab at this.

[ul]
[li]Have you installed the latest NVidia graphics drivers? (LINK) Did you do a clean driver install?[/li][li]Have you websearched about your problem, in combination with specifics about your hardware?[/li][li]How are you observing what your frame rate is?[/li][li]What OS and version?[/li][li]What PC do you have? It’s not a laptop is it? If so, do you have the Intel GPU disabled, and do you have the power cable plugged in?[/li][li]Is your GPU the only GPU in your system?[/li][li]What monitor do you have? Same one across both GPUs?[/li][li]What screen resolution are you running? 4k? Try a lower resolution. Are you comparing the same res and quality settings across both cards?[/li][li]What motherboard? Same one across both GPUs?[/li][li]Take a look at your settings in the NVidia control panel. Note what you have; then see if changes improve things (e.g. disable G-Sync, multithreaded driver, triple buffering, etc.).[/li][/ul]

[QUOTE=Dark Photon;1288918]Need more details to even take a stab at this.

[ul]
[li]Have you installed the latest NVidia graphics drivers? (LINK) Did you do a clean driver install?[/li][li]Have you websearched about your problem, in combination with specifics about your hardware?[/li][li]How are you observing what your frame rate is?[/li][li]What OS and version?[/li][li]What PC do you have? It’s not a laptop is it? If so, do you have the Intel GPU disabled, and do you have the power cable plugged in?[/li][li]Is your GPU the only GPU in your system?[/li][li]What monitor do you have? Same one across both GPUs?[/li][li]What screen resolution are you running? 4k? Try a lower resolution. Are you comparing the same res and quality settings across both cards?[/li][li]What motherboard? Same one across both GPUs?[/li][li]Take a look at your settings in the NVidia control panel. Note what you have; then see if changes improve things (e.g. disable G-Sync, multithreaded driver, triple buffering, etc.).[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]

1. Yes
  2. Yes, for many months now
  3. Using in game frame rate counters
  4. Windows 10 Creators Update
  5. It is a desktop from IBUYPOWER
  6. The GTX 1050 TI is the only GPU
  7. One Acer 1080p 60 Hertz Monitor
  8. 1080p, same resolution
  9. Same Motherboard, 760gma-p34(fx) (ms-7641)
  10. I have disabled Vsync in the control panel but not the rest that you list

It could be any one of a number of things. I would start by running Fraps and PresentMon to start getting a sense for what’s going on with your app’s present rate, display rate, and tp see what path frames are taking through the display system.

Excuse the moronic question but how do I use PresentMon and what am I supposed to use fraps for besides an fps counter?

Fraps provides some independent verification of what your app’s present rate is. That’s a double-check for what your app is telling you. PresentMon provides info on both the present rate and the display rate. If you’re just looking for one tool, use PresentMon.That said, Fraps shows you results on-screen, whereas PresentMon generates results in a CSV text file you can load into Excel. So if you’re not a developer you may prefer Fraps.

See the documentation with the apps for usage details. Alternatively, search youtube and you’ll find tutorials on how to use them.

Are you overclocking, running without a page file, running any other background programs that also might be using your GPU, or anything similar?