Urgent help needed please!

Hi, Can you please help me? I have an Intel(R) HD 3000 graphics card that only supports up to OpenGl 3.1, However, I urgently need to get OpenGl 3.3 for my computer. Is there any way to do so with my current graphics card? Thanks.

Check out the OpenGL Getting Start page: Getting Started - OpenGL Wiki

All OpenGL Drivers are offered by the maker of your GPU, Intel in this case.

[QUOTE=Khronos_webmaster;1288776]Check out the OpenGL Getting Start page: Getting Started - OpenGL Wiki

All OpenGL Drivers are offered by the maker of your GPU, Intel in this case.[/QUOTE]

So you are saying that even though my graphics card says opengl 3.3 is unsupported, I can make it work by downloading and installing the appropriate driver?

No.

The Intel HD 3000 only supports up to OpenGL 3.1; Intel’s “Supported APIs and Features for Intel® Graphics Drivers” page lists it under “2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors” where this limitation is given.

Or 3.3 on OSX.

Yes, the hardware itself is perfectly capable of supporting GL 3.3, and the limit of 3.1 under Windows is an artificial limit because of Intel’s driver. However, this is the Windows subforum, so…

[QUOTE=Khronos_webmaster;1288776]Check out the OpenGL Getting Start page: Getting Started - OpenGL Wiki
[/QUOTE]
How do I PM you?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.