Program crashes at glCheckFramebufferStatusEXT while EXT_framebuffer_object present

Hi , I am using EXT_framebuffer_object extension to capture buffer contents and it works on windows as well as Linux with NVIDIA latest drivers(opengl version 4.5).
But when I connect to Linux machine through telnet which shows Mesa 1.4 and EXT_framebuffer_object extension is present, it crashes exactly at line glCheckFramebufferStatusEXT after rendering is started with glDrawBuffer(<Attachemnet point>). It is not even getting caught in catch. Please suggest possible ways to overcome this issue.
Thanks.

[QUOTE=Sheetald;1288652]Hi , I am using EXT_framebuffer_object extension to capture buffer contents and it works on windows as well as Linux with NVIDIA latest drivers(opengl version 4.5).
But when I connect to Linux machine through telnet which shows Mesa 1.4 and EXT_framebuffer_object extension is present, it crashes exactly at line glCheckFramebufferStatusEXT after rendering is started with glDrawBuffer(<Attachemnet point>). It is not even getting caught in catch. Please suggest possible ways to overcome this issue.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

And was these extension function pointers correctly/succesfully loaded (with using glew or with using something like glXGetProcAddressARB) ?
Note this issue might have other reasons as well (ie the fact that you access a foreign machine with telnet for example).

Yes, function pointers are checked with GLEW and it does not show NULL.
How to check if they are correctly set or not? And how to prevent use of this extension (because extension is present).
If we check if machine is remotely connected and prevent use of FBO extension then that will be wrong as when we change setting of connection tool(Exceed/MobaXterm) to ‘Use Hardware rendering’ it works without any issue.(as then it picks client machine’s opengl version string - 4.5).

[QUOTE=Sheetald;1288655]Hi , I am using EXT_framebuffer_object extension to capture buffer contents and it works on windows as well as Linux with NVIDIA latest drivers(opengl version 4.5).

But when I connect to Linux machine through telnet which shows Mesa 1.4 and EXT_framebuffer_object extension is present, it crashes… function pointers are checked with GLEW and it does not show NULL. [/QUOTE]

Since this is a problem that occurs when running with Mesa3D GL drivers, you should probably ask for suggestions on the Mesa3D-users mailing list.

Here’s a random websearch hit that may be related to your problem: link

[QUOTE=Dark Photon;1288656]Since this is a problem that occurs when running with Mesa3D GL drivers, you should probably ask for suggestions on the Mesa3D-users mailing list.

Here’s a random websearch hit that may be related to your problem: link[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the suggestions.