Part of the Khronos Group
OpenGL.org

The Industry's Foundation for High Performance Graphics

from games to virtual reality, mobile phones to supercomputers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VentureReality Engine v0.1 alpha preview.

Junior Member Regular Contributor

Cool VentureReality Engine v0.1 alpha preview.

Hi, I have uploaded a Windows 10 alpha of my VentureReality Engine for those that would like to try it: http://www.filedropper.com/venturerealityv01alpha

I'm the original inventor of the wearable glasses displaying graphics superimposed in to the real world. My proof is here dating back to 2011: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...p?f=1&t=328418

I'm quite sure this proof will gain I patents and to stop others gaining my value.

I want to see an elephant walk past my real home window and trunk I a ball that squashes on to my window, smiles, muffles "mnmnmn" and jumps in to my hand. Also play "Minotaur" with others in my local field.

Hopefully selling the engine and building a games/applications/assets store will make I money for patents, hardware and satellites for world positions triangulation (Edit: Just thought can do it without the satellites by simply triangulating the people and also possible objects too, but then again need a reference so will at least need some ground units), yes I know all this seems more than I can chew and probably fail in which case ill sell the patents with or without a deal.
    I have an electronics background so should help with others for the hardware, yes I will require help(hint).

Enjoy the alpha, it's only at a fraction of the possible speed as I have not done next frame calculations etc. using multi CPUtoGPU core interaction, it's coded to prove portals within portals could be done.
    You will find some bugs but it's enough to enjoy the graphics and it's trippy effect.

Let me know what you think, be honest. If you have ideas that you believe I have not thought of that you would like to share then please do.
    I'm in the process of rewriting the engine... still be openGL and not Vulcan as don't believe threading would be of any gain as everything is done in a single render(Edit: may use Vulcan if necessary for as need as many GPU cores as possible, (1 triangles and more that has no cross interaction and 6 shadows and more that has no cross interaction), (3 lighting and more and more that has no cross interaction or each light and more(filters, glass etc) that has no cross interaction and many for physics, for each portal that has no cross interaction) and then combine).

What I would like is a C++ designed processors, circuits for the features of for, do, switch etc. and "code to circuits" services to produce Modular Computers. "Printable Code".

As for the glasses, so far multi-layer LELCD transparent screens as may or not want a pixel to glow and a wire that plugs in to your phone. Custom made lenses for each wearer.

Patents need creditable value, a "minimum to maximum allowable profit percentage or value" based on total "cost verses profit" value.

Here's a value sign, Capital V with a line going across the base.

I like my idea of going for a walk without going for a walk and opening a portal to go somewhere else.

Thanks.
    Paul Griffiths.

Last edited by paul_g_griffiths; 07-28-2017 at 05:35 AM.
    http://strong-grip.com Strong-Grip Future Technologies.

I'm not receiving any input and may be you have not tried it?
    The screenshots above are older, the download includes my code for Multi-Pass Parallax for those that would like it, though it contains no licence I release the parallax code as public domain.

P.S Don't think I won't be patenting my Portals cutting technology.

I have a problem odd people point camera's outview in to streets, I understand security but not odd.
    Taking a picture without permission is illegal.
    Last edited by paul_g_griffiths; 07-29-2017 at 02:40 AM.

Senior Member OpenGL Pro
    "I have every intention of patenting my stuff but I want you to freely share your stuff with me". Yeah, that's gonna fly.

Quote Originally Posted by mhagain View Post
    "I have every intention of patenting my stuff but I want you to freely share your stuff with me". Yeah, that's gonna fly.
    Let's be honest here, I have a lot to develop, have no problems with patents, copyright or even not knowing the potential value, a person may of not been well.
    Currently patents are 25 years, as were living longer think it should be 50. Guess Ill have to do a good job by spreading out patents.
    Others know of spreading out patents and have an interest of developing my technology, interesting future...
    Like using distance meters to know of player position, which is mine for invention of "Predict-The-Ball".
    Also invented changing the camera view of video.

Off topic but I personally don't agree with targeted advertising, think it gives anyone and not everyone too much knowledge and the position of manipulating markets.

I have an idea so others can't access accounts. It's a spin wheels mechanical encryption card. You see positions on a view and spin your card to reveal the access code and a one time login. Ill call this "SpinWheels". No perfect yet as a hacker could block you out.

I know how to stop virus by code or memory coming in 3's. Each code checks for differences between all 3, if one changes then the other 2 know it.
    Could be 2.
    Best done with additional hardware.
    Also useful for piracy.

I like the idea of each processor is built differently, each having different machine mode numbers.
    Guess decompiling prevention comes from the operating system not giving access to the machine code numbers.

Thanks for the tags, View Tag Cloud, may want to see a stampede of a million elephants.
    May get to the stage of 1 million people viewing a billion objects. Think my "Printable Code" will be useful.

Overall seems easier to be cloud based and saves on battery power but problem with whoever may have the right to patent cloud. But you say the first network gave the ability of receiving back a result.

I understand the idea of open competition outside of patents and not to prevent competition, I don't need stress.
    You could say once your first patent is over any others is to prevent competition.
    Last edited by paul_g_griffiths; 07-29-2017 at 07:01 AM.

It is said the value of money half's every 10 years.
    Been using my calculator.
    Lets say I complete my project and make 1 trillion profit.
    In 100 years that profit would only be worth 1 million which is just about pocket change.
    I don't think it's any real loss to be honest.
    Have other ideas too.

If someone wants to give me a billion, ill patent it and it be theirs.
    Last edited by paul_g_griffiths; 07-30-2017 at 04:50 AM.

Seems very silly computers having floating point processor units.
    Int's are easy to pass around so only need an intToFloatText font function for text display or print to paper.

While ago(about 2 years back) was inventing lookup grids or cube(just) for faster maths calculations. Just move around the grid.
    For instance a 10 by 10 grid of 0 to 99 can add or take away 10 by moving up or down.
    Possibly the "Integer Computer". Or "Abacus Computer"(about 2 years back, came after), fastest being pushing atoms and reading with light or other.
    Guess depends if abacus can multiply or divide and profitable : http://scienceblogs.com/goodmath/200...rt-2-multip-1/
    As for patents and development or advertising, it's mine to do and others if I want them.
    As much as profitably possible will be done in hardware.
    Guess some rich people may want to see my "Reality", technology, the entire world from above??
    If copyright is 75 years does that mean everything dated is publicly available? Presume so. Does that include project files?

for now here's a function:
    Code :
    // n is integer, p is point position
    char* itf(int n, into p)
    {
        // divide n by 10*p and p digits from right n for point
        return ...;
    }
    Last edited by paul_g_griffiths; 07-30-2017 at 02:06 AM.

May have to include my vint, verify integer. If the numbers have not changed, why do the calculation twice.
    I don't like clocks.

There is Fractional Processing too.
    You could have 57&5/27 * 24&7/17=...
    Share prices? Currency? Be careful. I wouldn't go further calculations based on floats or fractions. Many times a second over a long period could wipe out a lot.
    1/ 123456789 / ... =... ... * 123456789 *... = 1. Seems ok. Anyone make a loss?

Think there needs to be a processing maths test available to software. Need to know if maths processing blows a transistor.

Integer lookup could be 100,000 times faster. Just rough guess. 10,000 to 1,000,000.
    Binary addition is a lot of playing with bits. Count to 4,294,967,296 or 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111 anyone know how many bits are switched?
    Mine may do it in less than 1000. So think it will be well over a million faster. 16 million?
    Adding 2 numbers may not be done that way, have to investigate.

Edit: seems got it wrong. Stick to binary for addition but multiplication may be faster by using about 10 lookup tables?

Nope lookup tables is an old way.

Sill don't like floats though. From Wikipedia:
    In most modern computer architectures, there is some division of floating-point operations from integer operations. This division varies significantly by architecture; some, like the Intel x86 have dedicated floating-point registers, while some take it as far as independent clocking schemes.

Seems a lot of hassle when the only time you need to see floats is when printing font to a screen, fonts to printer or keyboard input etc.
    Prefer "(binary)(int)float" and just process the binary and only convert to char* when screen/printer.
    May have problem with decimal point positions have to be covered. But then that's just multiply and dividing by 00000's when needed for screen/printer.
    Last edited by paul_g_griffiths; 07-30-2017 at 06:34 AM.

123.456 + 78.9 = 202.356

123.456 could be multiplied by 1000 = 123456

78.9 could be multiplied by 1000 = 78900

123456+78900 = 202356
    / 1000 = 202.356 same result.

but 1.23456789 + 12345678.9 requires extra '000

Fine with float processor.

No disrespect to OpenGL or DirectX but why not do without floats?
    Does seem the case of extra resolution. Say into is 65535. And a float between something like 0000.1 to 6553.5. Anyway a lot of extra.

Sorry people if you read all this, though new may be happy. Seem quicker than some.
    Last edited by paul_g_griffiths; 07-30-2017 at 07:07 AM.