internal .h linkage

I’m experimenting with headers - I am on this centralization kick - where all .h files are in one directory, as well as bin’s and libs.

What I’ve tried is: linking include paths / include files that would otherwise be listed .h’s in the .cpp file. You end up with nothing listed in the .cpp
and a working program - kinda cool.

I post to ask is this a fruitless endeavor as a regular behavior? Like I said I’m just experimenting and could be experiencing “beginners luck”…

First, this is not related to GL at all.
Second, this is really hard to understand what your problem is and what you want to achieve.

[QUOTE=Silence;1287704]First, this is not related to GL at all.
Second, this is really hard to understand what your problem is and what you want to achieve.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry this post did not meet your expectations. It popped up after discussions about openGL, in this forum, and I favored putting it out here
rather than take it to another forum. I think my question hinted at static library programming, and I was looking to see if anyone agreed. I think its very important to lateralize skill sets. Quest: in OpenGL .h files can I link them within the IDE setting without using .h on top of the .cpp? It is related to OpenGL because for me that is where the epiphany happened.

Thanks in advance

In such a case, I often try to create a centralized header file, Junction.h, where I include all those headers which are required in the source files, and then I include this Junction.h only, wherever required. But this isn’t a good solution anyways. It might lead to cyclic dependencies, so beware. And also, it can increase the size of your program if your compiler/linker isn’t aware to remove unused stuff.