Run at least opengl 3.3+

I’m trying to run a higher version of opengl, from 2.1 to 4.0+. My navida graphic card drivers arefully updated and the company no longer supports this version. i need to get a better version of navida package and possibly graphics card, they said i had to upgrade the GPU, any leads?

I’m using windows 7 x64 operating system

One helpful awsner i got was:
Nvidia is the manufacturer of the GPU.
You do not specifically require an Nvidia card as AMD also uses Open GL 4.0.
You do need a GPU from either the GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon 5000 series, both of which are reasonably cheap due to their age.
GTX 460, GTX 470 or GTX480 are all capable, but you may run in to issues attempting to use a current GPU in your older system due to UEFI (another story).
I would not install any higher than a GTX970 in that system.

So which series of GeForce or AMD Radeon 5000 series do i need to get to make this all work without flaw?

Which GPU do you have now? We could give you more details if we knew that.

First off, the starting point for NVidia drivers is the NVidia Driver Download page. Just websearch “nvidia download” and you’ll come right to it:

Now, select your GPU model name along with “Windows 7 64-bit”, and you’ll get a download link to the latest driver version which supports your GPU on that OS.

By all appearances, they support some pretty old NVidia GPUs on Windows 7 64-bit (e.g. GeForce 9), so you can likely find a GL driver for your existing card.

Any driver you download should support OpenGL 2.1 (since that version of GL is so old). For OpenGL 4.0 support though, you’ll want to look for an NVidia GeForce 4xx or newer GPU (excluding the GeForce 405).

If you do need to purchase a new GPU, check out 1) what socket type/version it needs to plug into (e.g. PCIe x16), 2) what power connector(s) (if any) it requires, and 3) its max power draw. Then verify that your motherboard and power supply can deliver that with power margin to spare. If in doubt, start with a cheap GPU with low power draw and no external power connectors required. In any case, you can double-check the GPU’s capabilities and what max OpenGL version it can provide here:

and on NVidia’s web site.

Nvidia Geforce 610SE nFroce 430
DAC type : intergrated RAMDAC
memory 2280 mb

[QUOTE=Dancingchickens;1284829]Nvidia Geforce 610SE nFroce 430
DAC type : intergrated RAMDAC
memory 2280 mb[/QUOTE]

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-610/specifications

Supports OpenGL 4.2; you obviously need a driver upgrade.

There are no more current pdates for my driver and the offical site site does not support it anymore.

[QUOTE=Dancingchickens;1284835]Nvidia Geforce 610SE nFroce 430

There are no more current pdates for my driver and the offical site site does not support it anymore.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Well I don’t find an exact match for your GPU, but it appears to be from the GeForce 6 generation (2005-2006), and is capable of OpenGL 2.1:

I found a few NVidia driver links where you can apparently get Windows 7 drivers for it:

Assuming this info is correct, it appears you’ll need a GPU upgrade if you want to run OpenGL 3.0+ applications with hardware acceleration.

In the meantime, you could use Mesa3D to run your apps with software emulation.

well i decided to go for this, https://www.computergeekshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4487&language=en&currency=USD