OpenGL and Microsoft Remote Desktop

Good afternoon,

I am having problems with an aplication that it runs via remote desktop of Microsoft.
The computer have Windows 10 Enterprise like Operating System.

My application show a picture in 3D. If I run my application by LOCAL (from the own computer), the application show the picture correctly.
But If I run the application by Remote Desktop, the application doesn’t show the picture…

The application uses the OpenGL component.

If I see the version of OpenGL, from LOCAL, it show me that the version is 3.3, Funthermore, If i see the version of OpenGL from Remote Deskrtop, it show me that the version is 1.1…

I think that the problem is this, the OpenGL’ version.

Anyone could tell me if there is any problem between OPENGL and REMOTE DESKTO of MICROSFOTP??.

I have updated the card graphic drivers but it doesn’t work.
The card graphic is Geforce 210

How Can I resolve this please?.

Thank you very much

Best Regards,

Hi,

hardware accelerated OpenGL (thats the one your Geforce graphic adapter provides) is only available locally. If you use M$ Remote Desktop, your application can’t access the hardware accelerated OpenGL and it will end up, using M$ Generic OpenGL 1.1 Software Renderer fallback. This is the way M$ build it, and there is no fix for it, if you need to use M$ Remote Desktop.

BUT, there are other remote access tools, e.g. RealVNC, that don’t use the same technique as M$. They mostlikely copy the current screen content and send it to the other computer. If the connection between the computers is good, you could even watch video remotely.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.