5000 VBOs I have created. Will it be a problem.

I am drawing a model with 4 million quads and trias.

In this process 5000 VBOs are created(for each one group one VBO).

This whole thing is happening in run time.

Will it be an issue.

Because its crashing at different places.

Are there any limits of using VBO.

Is there a reason why you feel the need to create 5000 buffers instead of 1 buffer with 5000 groups of vertices?

Also, if something is crashing, generally speaking, that represents either a bug in your code or a bug in the OpenGL driver. Incorrect use of the OpenGL API should not lead to a crash (outside of a few very special cases). So your problem is unlikely to be due to having lots of buffer objects.

OpenGL has no explicit limitations on the number of buffer objects you can create a use. Of course, GPU memory is a finite resource, so there are limitations. It’s just not something you can query.

[QUOTE=Alfonse Reinheart;1279162]Is there a reason why you feel the need to create 5000 buffers instead of 1 buffer with 5000 groups of vertices?

Also, if something is crashing, generally speaking, that represents either a bug in your code or a bug in the OpenGL driver. Incorrect use of the OpenGL API should not lead to a crash (outside of a few very special cases). So your problem is unlikely to be due to having lots of buffer objects.

OpenGL has no explicit limitations on the number of buffer objects you can create a use. Of course, GPU memory is a finite resource, so there are limitations. It’s just not something you can query.[/QUOTE]

Thanks and I got the point. It should be my code issue.

I designed it such a way that, for each group of elements one VBO.

Now I understood the best way to do.