CPPlay

Does anyone know anything about CPPlay? Which version(s) of OpenGL are implemented - fixed pipeline, Modern GL? How fully implemented is it?

Thanks.

I wouldn’t bother using a product that doesn’t even have a proper documentation page. Or any page other than a splash page with a marketing blurb.

I wouldn’t bother using a product that doesn’t even have a proper documentation page.
I hear ya. I went to the link provided and found - not much - as you say. That’s why I asked if anyone knew anything about it. Looks like it runs on Apple only. I certainly wouldn’t use it for anything serious. However, if it was free, I might play around with it on my imac at home. I’ve enjoyed using interpretive software to do graphics in the past, including apl and the Evans and Sutherland PS300 language.

Hi,

I am the developer of cpplay. Thank you for your interest in it. Yes it is Mac only at the moment.

cpplay is based on LLVM and uses the OpenGL framework that comes with the current Mac OS X so theoretically it is very fast and robust and does support modern OpenGL features.

That said, I am developing cpplay in my spare time which is not a lot, so I still have to decide for example how to edit shaders and the GL view is quite primitive at the moment.

However it is fun already :wink:

Best,
Alessandro

By the way,

if you want to have a go at it, you can use the following promo codes to get it for free on the Mac App Store:

JX4E34AF36H6
7PPTKPHAPTAY

I hope you like it, otherwise please give me all the constructive criticism you can so that I can make it into an even better product.

Thanks,
A.

Thanks. I’ll take a look at it.