How long does your computer render a pic like this one?

pic
https://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=1762&d=1430063619

Iuse Duo cpu T9400 2.53Ghz 2Gmem geforce 9600,
this takes about 200ms.
I think it’s too slower

How fast will it be for real time display?

There’s something wrong. It’s too slow…

I check and find it’s no other than the statement, glutCreateWindow (argv[0]); which takes nearly 190ms.

how long do you exacute this statement?

Don’t measure window creation as part of how long it takes to render an image. That’s a fixed cost, incurred once at application startup.

It is strange you didn’t ask how that value is measured. :slight_smile:

All these reader1’s posts are part of an interesting “psychological experiment”. Unless he is a very young person, the behavior is quite interesting. I wanted to comment that at the very beginning of his posting, but then I caught myself got involved in answering to these posts too. It is time to step back and get a spectator’s seat. :wink:

[QUOTE=Aleksandar;1266038]It is strange you didn’t ask how that value is measured. :slight_smile:

All these reader1’s posts are part of an interesting “psychological experiment”. Unless he is a very young person, the behavior is quite interesting. I wanted to comment that at the very beginning of his posting, but then I caught myself got involved in answering to these posts too. It is time to step back and get a spectator’s seat. ;)[/QUOTE]

This will be your improper way to be a spectator. you have produced a good advice, why not go on?
btw, what’s psycological test?