uniform int array

I have a shader with this:

uniform int Indices[4];

I’m able to get the location using (read not getting a -1):

IndicesLocation = glGetUniformLocation(program, "Indices");

and when I try to put data there it doesn’t appear to work.

GLint Indices[] = { 1, 0, 3, 2 };
glUniform1iv(IndicesLocation, 4, Indices);

When I view my shader program in codeXL it appears only the first element actually gets set. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

glUniform1iv(IndicesLocation, 4, Indices);

It’s not working because you told opengl to create 4 vectors of 1 element in size. Have a look at the documentation.

https://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man/html/glUniform.xhtml

The maximum vector size is 4 and in this case you would use

glUniform4iv(IndicesLocation, 1, Indices);

Here you create 1 vector of 4 elements in size, probably more what you wanted

@lambage:
What you posted is ok, the problem must be somewhere else. Is the shader active (glUseProgram(program)) when you call glUniform1iv?

Yes the shader is active, all the other uniforms were working correctly. Is it possible that if I had several unused uniforms declared and was trying to glUniform* them, that it could have bad side effects?

uniform int x;
uniform int indices[4];
uniform float y;

void main()
{
   vec4 outColor = vec4(1,1,1,1);
   if (indices[0] == 0)
   {
       outColor.r = 0;
   }
   if (indices[1] == 0)
   {
       outColor.g = 0;
   }
   if (indices[2] == 0)
   {
       outColor.b = 0;
   }
   if (indices[3] == 0)
   {
       outColor.a = 0;
   }
   displayColor = outColor;
}

because I never used “x” or “y” they get optimized out, but how could that effect “indices”? Oh well, I got around the problem by just not using an array for now. I’ll revisit this later when I’ve developed a bit more.

*note this was just typing off the top of my head not actually the code I had implemented.

Doesn’t CodeXL have some OpenGL logging functionality, like glIntercept? Either way, could you generate a file that the relevant section of OpenGL calls (after all your context creation stuff)?