How to install opengl in windows 7 and compile with cygwin

Hey, I need to program some application and for that I need opengl libraries installed in cygwin under windows. Um, I have already installed some packages in cygwin, and I am trying to compile a C program as
gcc test.c -lopengl32 -lglut32 -lgl32
but it is not working. I searched all over the web and i found that i dont ahve opengl installed in ym pc. I have the latest driver and this is quite strange caz it should automatically be installed. I dont want to use any IDE like netbenas or VS. Is there anyone that could help me please? :confused:

The OpenGL development libraries are not the same thing as the OpenGL driver, and need to be installed separately.

Having said that, most development tools do come with them as standard (even Microsoft ship them as standard with VS, and always have done), so that suggests that you haven’t got things set up correctly.

Any reason for preferring to not use an IDE, by the way? Even if you ultimately must go down that path, you can still install VS, compile from the command-line, and use different text editors if you wish.

[QUOTE=mhagain;1261052]The OpenGL development libraries are not the same thing as the OpenGL driver, and need to be installed separately.

Having said that, most development tools do come with them as standard (even Microsoft ship them as standard with VS, and always have done), so that suggests that you haven’t got things set up correctly.

Any reason for preferring to not use an IDE, by the way? Even if you ultimately must go down that path, you can still install VS, compile from the command-line, and use different text editors if you wish.[/QUOTE]

Hi, my my system i have installed, cygwin, dev++, VS 2012, NEtbeans, JMonkeyEngine and more…I just need a tutorial-guide that is working. I can not figure it out alone here. Yes there is a reason. I ahve 8 .c files of a old game and I want to run it. These files i can not import them in a IDE i think since it is not a project. Um, even if i know how to program quite well i have many problems at the setup. So, can you please tell me or provide me a correct link caz while i compile in cygwin the output is that opengl32 is not found in the system.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.