Terrain elevation using opengl

hi,

i have started working with OpenGL recently, and sorry if i have posted in wrong place.

actually i want to achieve terrain deformation at simulation run-time, right now i am using Delta3d with QT and thought to add Terrain deformation feature. Let me explain exactly what i want to do

for ex: i have button lets say “Deform” , when i click that and click anywhere on terrain in scene that should select a vertex and pull it for certain height and surrounding vertex related to selected one should also be pulled out relatively to keep a smooth obstacle effect like a mountain.

i searched bit in Google but sadly i didn’t get any answers, please suggest what can be done to achieve Terrain deformation.any examples or any links will be great to start with :wink: .

Resultant terrain should look like below after deformation.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]679[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance,
Jithendra.

What you want to do is quite “high level” and depends entirely upon the rendering technique you use for the terrain.
Perhaps if you posted a sample of the actual rendering code for the terrain (no need for all the rest of the other fluff) then people could suggest a method suitable for your needs.