How to get the Clock in the Top-Right Corner of the Map?

Hello. Hopefully someone can help me with the following issue:

I’ve picked up a copy of the OpenGL: A Primer, the “Redbook”, the “Bluebook”, and the Interactive Computer Graphics: A Top-Down Approach Using OpenGL book. However, I’ve been using the Primer as my main source. NONE of these books had a clock example. A few of them referred to the timer function in GLUT but that’s not what I was looking for.

After browsing the web I managed to find some examples of making an analog clock in GLUT. Now here’s the problem: I want to place an analog clock in the upper-right corner of my texture map. How would I go about doing this? I noticed the glVertex2f function and tried messing around with it (the example that I found it in was the Primer book in the simple.c source code to draw a white square) but when I do I just end up making the square it draws disappear. Is this the function I need? If so how can I input coordinates?

EDIT: Got my rights and lefts mixed up. Want the clock in the top-LEFT corner.

[QUOTE=lamentofking;1259926… I want to place an analog clock in the upper-right corner of my texture map. [/QUOTE] Do you really mean in the top right corner of the texture map (hard), or the right corner of the screen (easy)?

[QUOTE=Carmine;1259927]Do you really mean in the top right corner of the texture map (hard), or the right corner of the screen (easy)?[/QUOTE]I meant in the top-left hand corner of the map not right-hand. Sorry. I can’t change the title of the thread apparently. More specifically I want to ultimately be able to advance the time with a mouse-click button but I figured I’d need to get the clock in the top-left corner first.