GameGrape Corporation: OGL2.1 vs OGL3.1, and thecplusplusguy tutorials

Hello Guys, my company is trying to decide which OGL version to learn. I heard OGL2.1 more widely compatible. What were the changes between OGL2.1 and OGL3? and also what version of OGL does thecplusplusguy use? I’m planning on making 3d games soon so im looking for the easiest to learn and also it needs to be widely compatible with differnt systems, and also if possible mostly still not depreciated or removed from the OGL engine. thecplusplusguy: thankyou for your time. -CEO and Founder of GameGrape Corporation.

Hello Guys, my company www.codingrevolution.blogspot.com is trying to decide which OGL version to learn. I heard OGL2.1 more widely compatible. What were the changes between OGL2.1 and OGL3? and also what version of OGL does thecplusplusguy use? I’m planning on making 3d games soon so im looking for the easiest to learn and also it needs to be widely compatible with differnt systems, and also if possible mostly still not depreciated or removed from the OGL engine. www .youtube. com / watch?v=WYD6zDiI_3A&list=PL0AB023E769342AFE thankyou for your time. -CEO and Founder of GameGrape Corporation.

Are you talking PC type games or mobile? Most PC graphics cards support support OpenGL 3.1 and many support 4.0. If you are talking OpenGL ES for mobiles I can’t comment but I think a lot of devices are still 2.1

I’m trying to support and target the PC market. So your recommending 3.1? Whats the learning curve? and can i use SDL/SDL2?and do you know of any good learning resources?

So your recommending 3.1?

We have settled on 3.2

Whats the learning curve

depends on your background

can i use SDL/SDL2

Good for a start - I am not sure about for a final product

do you know of any good learning resources

A good start is

http://www.arcsynthesis.org/gltut/

Alright Thank You tonyo_au, so ill use OGL3.1 or OGL3.2 with SDL2. My background is coming straight out of 2d development for a while. I’m not an expert at anything 3d wise right now. Thank you I will try the tutorials listed.