Problem updating OpenGL

Hello everyone,

I’m running into graphic glitches on several programs (mainly emulators) and it looks like the problem is an outdated OpenGL driver on my machine. I’m running an Acer Aspire E1-571 with an Intel 4000 HD graphic chip. The problem is that the latest Intel drivers aren’t being recognized as newer than my Acer customized ones, which are from 2012. Acer has no newer drivers and their tech support simply told me that there was no better drivers available. The version of OpenGL on my system is currently build 9.17.10.2867

Is there anyway to update OpenGL without having to go through the graphic drivers?

How did you diagnose that? The HD4000 appears fairly recent to me, it should have been shipped with a sufficient driver. What OpenGL(R) version does your software report? (9.* is not an OpenGL(R) version as of yet^^)

Are you using some Acer pre-installed wannabe package manger? Have you tried downloading and installing the driver from here?

On Windows(R), I’m afraight no, the implementation comes with the driver. (You might try compiling Mesa for Windows(R) but I guess its not really worth the effort).

[QUOTE=Agent D;1258050]How did you diagnose that? The HD4000 appears fairly recent to me, it should have been shipped with a sufficient driver. What OpenGL(R) version does your software report? (9.* is not an OpenGL(R) version as of yet^^)

Are you using some Acer pre-installed wannabe package manger? Have you tried downloading and installing the driver from here?

On Windows(R), I’m afraight no, the implementation comes with the driver. (You might try compiling Mesa for Windows(R) but I guess its not really worth the effort).[/QUOTE]

The version of OpenGL being reported (and I’m using the system information tool built into the PPSSPP emulator) is 3.1.0 for OpenGL and 1.40 for GLSL.

The driver on the intel site is being recognized by Windows as older than the version currently installed and when I try running the included install utility I get an error message saying that my comp has a stand alone driver from the manufacturer. So guessing that what you said about OpenGL being implemented in the driver is what’s happening here.

According to this Wikipedia page you should be getting OpenGL(R) 4.0

How about uninstalling the currently installed driver first?