Library issue. Says OpenGL requires dxerr.lib

Hi there. I’ve been trying to set up OpenGL all afternoon and evening, and am getting rather stressed out with the lack of help I’ve received, so I thought I’d finally ask here.

I’m using Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2010, and Glut v3.6.
My include and Library Directories are as followed:
C:\Program Files %28x86%29\OpenGL SDK\glut-3.6\include;$(IncludePath)
C:\Program Files %28x86%29\OpenGL SDK\glut-3.6\lib;$(LibraryPath)

My Linker>Input>Additional Dependencies are as followed:
dxerr.lib;d3d11.lib;d3dx11.lib;d3dcompiler.lib;%(AdditionalDependencies)

When I launch my program it says dxerr.lib is missing which is strange because this program has nothing to do with Direct X.

The code I’m trying to run is as followed:

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <GL\glut.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
	glutInit(&argc, argv);
	glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_DEPTH | GLUT_DOUBLE | GLUT_RGBA);
	glutInitWindowPosition(100, 100);
	glutInitWindowSize(720, 480);
	glutCreateWindow("First OpenGL Project");
	return 1;
}

Myself and friends believe I’m receiving this error because of the additional dependencies’ inherited values. These values don’t appear to be removable though so I’m in a real pickle. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Why do you include dxerr.lib d3dx11.lib d3dcompiler.lib? Those dependencies are from Direct3D 11.

dxerr.lib;d3d11.lib;d3dx11.lib;d3dcompiler.lib

These are directx libraries and should not be included in a program using only OpenGl; you need to remove them from your link. There are probably common from a property sheet.

I’m aware of this guys, but I don’t know how to remove it. It’s not just any dependency, it’s listed under inherited values and I can’t remove them and I’m having a hard time finding out how to remove them online.

You could try this.

inherited values

Inherited values come from property sheets. Open the property manager; double click each property sheet and select the linker/input and look at the Additional Dependencies.

Alternatively search all your the vcproj files with an editor for dxerr.lib and delete the lines (only do this if you know what you are doing).)

Or just put the DirectX lib files in the Linker/Input/Ignore Specific Default Libraries list (you should not need to do this)