Calculate GLSL shader cost

Hello everyone,
I’m new on this forum and in OpenGL(but have experiences in OpenCL, CUDA, C++AMP).
I have next problem:
I have a list of different shaders, that calculate on vertex and pixel shaders. And i need calculate how many instructions(cycles) contain this shader, for vertex and pixels. I understand that shader execution time depend not only from shader complexity. In ARM documentation(i can’t share it because I’m new user:( ) i found how it can be calculated on Mali GPU’s:

malisc -v my_shader.frag

But i use not Mali GPU’s.

Do you have any ideas how i can do it?

Current target platform is Windows 7 x64 and Linux in future

I don’t understand what you actually need.

According to Mali’s documentation, its offline shader compiler provides various information about vertex and fragment shaders, such as number of cycles that shader takes to execute, assuming no cache misses. I’m not aware of any similar tool for desktop GPUs. After all, desktop environment is highly diverse that such information can be useful. Profilers are tools more suitable for that purpose, but for the concrete configuration.

[QUOTE=Aleksandar;1256554]I don’t understand what you actually need.

According to Mali’s documentation, its offline shader compiler provides various information about vertex and fragment shaders, such as number of cycles that shader takes to execute, assuming no cache misses. I’m not aware of any similar tool for desktop GPUs. After all, desktop environment is highly diverse that such information can be useful. Profilers are tools more suitable for that purpose, but for the concrete configuration.[/QUOTE]
I understand what you mean.
In originally i search some offline compiler/profiler that can give information about vertex and fragment shaders on environment where it runs(compiler/profiler will run before main software for get information about shaders). Now we use only NBidia GPU’s but in future it can be Mali’s also

Since you’re using NVidia, you can use cgc for this:

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.