Building tutorials for Andrew McKesson's "Learn Modern 3D Graphics Programming" book
I must admit I am a noob and am kind of lost.
To start with, for the make config=debut and make config=release step, is it only neccessary if you are using gmake? (I'm using codeblocks)
If it's neccessary for every platform, where should I enter it? I tried to do it on the commandline but I get the "make is not recognized..." error.
Thanks in advance.
Forgive me if I am being presumptuous, but do you perhaps mean Jason L. McKesson's tutorial of the same title over at arcsynthesis? The top Google result for Andrew McKesson and the book title is this thread.
If so, the process goes like this for Code::Blocks :
1) Place the premake4 executable in a folder visible to your system (tell me if you do not know how to do this and I will expound).
2) Open the command line and maneuver to the folder containing the glsdk.
3) Type 'premake4 codeblocks' without the quotes. This will generate a workspace file readable by Code::Blocks in the glsdk folder.
4) Open that file with Code::Blocks.
5) In the second line of the toolbar there is a dropdown menu prefaced with 'Build Target:'. Set it to the desired value.
6) In the management window right-click 'glsdk' and select 'Build Workspace'.
As expected, building and compiling the other tutorials works similarly. Note that as the SDK is a library it does not produces a standalone executable so do not try to run it.
Yeah I meant to say Jason, oops.
Originally Posted by Vasily
For step 1, I just copy-paste the premake4 file to whichever folder I need to use. Is that ok?
I have no problems with any of the other steps except 6. I couldn't find the build workspace option so I just built each project individually.
The thing is when I try to build and run a tutorial project I get the same error as I did before, "cannot find -lframeworkD". Got any insights on how to resolve this?