Color conversion and fetching buffer from shader

Hi All,

I’m implementing a YUV to RGB color converter which requires me to get the RGB buffer after conversion using OpenGL Shading Language.
I’ve used three textures for Y (Luma) , U (Chroma b) & V (Chroma R) respectively. The fragment shader has the main color conversion algorithm, and after the conversion am setting gl_FragColor to vec4(r,g,b,1.0) (vector of RGB and Alpha).

Can anyone please let me know if its possible to get the RGB buffers from the shader without rendering/drawing the fragment on the screen?
OR In other words if a memory to memory color conversion routine is possible using OpenGL Shading Language?

FYI: I used glCopyTexImage2D and glGetTexImage but to no avail :frowning: (I guess it only works after rendering)

Thanks,
Dexter

Long gone are the days when the only target for rendering is an on-screen window. Create a texture, bind it to a framebuffer object, and then do your conversion rendering to that. In the wiki, see:

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.