WGL Initialization Questions

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions I have about properly setting up an OpenGL 4.1 context on Windows. I scrapped together two quick code samples on my computer one using GLFW/GLEW and another creating my own window and using GLEW.

I ran both code samples through gDEBugger and I’m a little confused by the results. Based on the way I set up my window in both of the samples below I expected to only see a “Front Buffer” and “Back Buffer” when I viewed the context in gDEBugger. Instead I am seeing a depth, back, front, and four auxiliary buffers. Do I have any control over the creation of those buffers?

The other question I have is if I’m properly setting up my OpenGL context for Windows. The one issue I seem to be having is that if I specify WGL_CONTEXT_DEBUG_BIT_ARB in the sample where I create my own window it doesn’t properly create a context.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry for the poor links, but for some reason the forum won’t let me paste my code or the links to paste bin because then my post will contain too many links… So here are the pastebin IDs
GLFW/GLEW: yNygBaM2
Win32/GLEW: 61mbasGR