Stitches alon triangle borders

With the help of the forum it was possible for me to control the render quality of the graphical output out of an application. The only missing color in my rainbow is a problem, that has no adequate solution up to now. Most of the objects I display are rendered as GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP. The result in the screen has always stitches as diagonal lines along the triangle borders. Even tesselated surfaces like a font set created with ‘wglUseFontOutlines’ show stitches. The only possibility for the moment is to set the graphics adapter hardware (NVIDIA) to at least 4 times anitaliasing. I think, it cannot be a solution for a user to adjust the hardware to get rid of this problem. So I assume there is a possibility to set OGL into a mode which let the stitches disappear. My question is: What black magic do I have to use to get rid of stitches along triangle borders?
Thanks in advance,
Mike

try to begin with an image of whatever you are talking about. and then, supply code if requested.

The attached image shows the stitches I am talking about. Especially the red, vertical bus box. The yellow text inside is not readable anymore because of the stitches. The preparation of the OGL window is nothing special but may include errors:

void OGL_GRAPHICS::SetUpOGLwindow(HWND OGLwnd,double HorizontaDim, double VerticalDim, DWORD projection, DWORD bkColor)
{
	int pf,w,h,buf;

memset(&pfd,0,sizeof(PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR));
    pfd.nSize = sizeof(PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR);
    pfd.nVersion = 1;
    pfd.dwFlags = PFD_DRAW_TO_WINDOW | PFD_SUPPORT_OPENGL | PFD_DOUBLEBUFFER | PFD_TYPE_RGBA;
    pfd.cColorBits = 32;
    pfd.cDepthBits = 32;
    pfd.cStencilBits = 1;
    pfd.cAuxBuffers = 0;						 
    pfd.iLayerType = PFD_MAIN_PLANE;
	glWnd = OGLwnd;
	oWinDc =  GetDC(glWnd);
	pf = ChoosePixelFormat(oWinDc,&pfd);
    SetPixelFormat(oWinDc,pf,&pfd);
	if(!arbMultisampleSupported)
	{
		pf = ChoosePixelFormat(oWinDc,&pfd);
	}
	else
	{
		pf = arbMultisampleFormat;
	}
    OGLhdc = wglCreateContext(oWinDc);				        // create GL device context
    wglMakeCurrent(oWinDc,OGLhdc);					        // and make it to the current
	GetClientRectDimensions(glWnd,&w,&h);
    glViewport(0,0,w,h);				                    // define a view over the whole screen
    glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);							// prepare and set Set Projection matrix
    glLoadIdentity();										// initialize the matrix							   
	glShadeModel(GL_SMOOTH);
	if(!projection)
		glOrtho(-HorizontaDim / 2.0,HorizontaDim / 2.0,-VerticalDim / 2.0,VerticalDim / 2.0,-10.0,10.0);	        // switch to orthographic projection   
	glWidth = HorizontaDim;
	glHight = VerticalDim;
    glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);								// Switch back to model view matrix
    glLoadIdentity();										// and initialize
    glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT,1);					// define pixel handling 
    glEnable(GL_STENCIL_TEST);								// we will use the help of the stencil buffer
    glBlendFunc(GL_SRC_ALPHA,GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA);		// set the global blending logic
	glEnable(GL_MULTISAMPLE);
	glHint(GL_MULTISAMPLE_FILTER_HINT_NV, GL_NICEST);

glGetIntegerv(GL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS_ARB,&buf);

CreateColor(bkColor,&BackGroundRed,&BackGroundGreen,&BackGroundBlue);
    glClearColor(BackGroundRed,BackGroundGreen,BackGroundBlue,0.0f);	            // define the clear color for the panel
    glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT);	// clear video buffer and stencil buffer
    glEnable(GL_LINE_SMOOTH);
	glEnable(GL_POINT_SMOOTH);
    glHint(GL_LINE_SMOOTH_HINT,GL_NICEST);
    glEnable(GL_POLYGON_SMOOTH);
    glHint(GL_POLYGON_SMOOTH_HINT,GL_NICEST);
	glHint(GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT,GL_NICEST);
    glEnable(GL_BLEND);
    defaultFontID = PrepareOGLfonts(oWinDc,"Arial");
}

http://ariescon.com/stitches.jpg

vBulletin Message

Invalid Attachment specified.

just upload it to imageshack or something.

just inserted a link to view the picture,
sorry

first of all, try disabling multisampling and line\polygon smoothing.

I experimented a bit with the smooth values and, unbelievable, it worked. Disabling the polygon smooth brought the success. The other settings like line smooth and multisampling made no change. It is a bit confusing that setting like polygon smooth causes this. There is no explanation in any documentation describing such a result. The output has now an acceptable result. The only little disadvantage is the antialiasing. The curved and diagonal objects have small steps. Nevertheless, I thank you very much for the help.
Regards
Mike

try setting blending to (SRC_ALPHA_SATURATE, GL_ONE). but the real solution here is to use proper antialiasing. polygon smoothing is slow, obsolete and unreliable. and i don’t get, why are you trying to use it with multisampling.

I had some issues to get a good texture quality. Especially the fonts created with ‘PrepareOGLfonts’ looked like a nightmare. Some thin characters disappeared completely. So I used multisampling and had an acceptable result on different machines. I would like to use antialiasing application controlled, but have no idea how to do it.