havn't got a reply

I have done a project in opengl(vs c++2010express). The project is moving into a room(foreword,backward,left,right) using keyboard keys & for all walls texture mapping is done with a bitmap image.I want to use hand gesture instead of keyboard keys to move the camera.please help me how can i modify the project using opencv while keeping other opengl code as it is.Thank you very very much.urgent,doing a final year project

seems to be an interesting project, hey can you post the screenshot of your project? And, how do you want the hand gesture to be? Just as in Galaxy S4?

thank you very much for the reply.It is a 3D room and keys are used to move front, back,left & right.I wanted to use hand gesture for movements instead of keys.My question is while keeping the opengl program can I use opencv for hand gesture

OpenGL is just for rendering; it’s got nothing whatsoever to do with input, and you could be using smoke signals, carrier pigeon or semaphore for input; OpenGL doesn’t care.

If you want to know if you can use OpenCV for the type of input you want, then maybe ask on an OpenCV forum?

[QUOTE=mhagain;1253551]OpenGL is just for rendering; it’s got nothing whatsoever to do with input, and you could be using smoke signals, carrier pigeon or semaphore for input; OpenGL doesn’t care.

If you want to know if you can use OpenCV for the type of input you want, then maybe ask on an OpenCV forum?[/QUOTE]

thank you very much for the reply.I don’t have any idea about smoke signals, carrier pigeon or semaphore .please be kind enough to brief about those.