Convert 3D modele to voxels

Hello,

I want to convert 3D model from OBJ file to voxels also into OBJ file?
I looked in internet, I didn’t find any thing!

Think you

[QUOTE=bibi2canon_lmd;1252822]Hello,
I want to convert 3D model from OBJ file to voxels also into OBJ file?
[/QUOTE]

obj is for polygon data, you’ll need a separate file format to store voxelized data.

really? did you look behind the fridge? there’s a lot of internet.
or at least, try google “voxelization algorithm”, “mesh voxelization” etc… even googling “Convert 3D model to voxels” gives some useful results. there’s plenty of information. but i really doubt you’re going to be able to use it. anyway, read some literature about voxelization, and if you’re gonna have specific implementation questions relevant to opengl - ask here, and someone might answer.

The OBJ format stores geometry as polygonal faces, so unless you want to represent each voxel by it’s six faces you should pick a different output format. Cyril Carassin does a lot of interesting research with voxel data structures, his papers or references therein should contain descriptions how to generate a voxel representation of an object or scene.
Also, with all the minecraft and clones excitement a while ago, it’s really hard to believe there is nothing on the net - yep, here’s one tool: minecraft voxel generator.

[QUOTE=bibi2canon_lmd;1252822]I want to convert 3D model from OBJ file to voxels also into OBJ file?[/QUOTE] Is this the effect you’re looking for?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1079[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1080[/ATTACH]

This was done with a geometric modeler called ‘modo’. It could probably be done
with any good geometric modeler or CAD program. modo can import and export
files in .obj format. I think it would be quite difficult to do this in OpenGL.

I need to put it in the obj format because I look to use the interrior point of a model!

I look to use the interrior point of a model!

Hmm, I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean by this. Also, to me it’s not clear how the file format (used to store the data) has an effect on what you can do with the data (provided that the format can store all the information you need). Anyway, if the replies you got so far do not provide enough information you’ll have to go into more details about what you want to do and what your constraints are.