SMFL don't work on my Visual C++ 2010

What i’m doing wrong? I followed the instructions on the dev site, but when I run the test program, Visual C++ says “can’t run the program, run previous stable version?” (something like that, i have Visual C++ on spanish).

I have Opengl4.0 (I installed new drivers last week), XP 64Bit and 2010 Visual c++.

What I should do? GLUT works pretty well on my pc, should I use it?

Cheers!

GLUT works pretty well on my pc, should I use it

If you plan to use GLUT use FreeGlut it is more up to date and has all of GLUT plus extras

Thank you for your response tonyo_au!

I plan to build a driving (car) simulator and I’m confused with GLUT, FreeGlut, SMFL, OpenAL…

If I want to made a Car Simulation Game, I need to use a graphic interface, a sound interface and a windowing interfeace.

For the graphic interface -> OGL
For the audio interface -> OpenAL
For the windowing interface -> FreeGlut

Does they are the correct platforms? Are them reliable and suitable for serious projects? Can FreeGlut support controllers like the X360 one?

Is programming with FreeGlut the same as the GLUT? I mean that it’s the SAME but adding features.

Sorry but I’m new to 3d Graphic programming (not in C++).

And if in a future I decide to use a network gaming system (see X360 Live), what I’d need?

See ya!

Marc

Can FreeGlut support controllers like the X360 one?

OpenGL and FreeGlut are cross platform; I don’t know OpenAL. I doubt if FreeGlut supports XBox or mobile devices

Is programming with FreeGlut the same as the GLUT? I mean that it’s the SAME but adding features.

Yes

And if in a future I decide to use a network gaming system (see X360 Live), what I’d need?

This is not really my area as I do commercial programming but I think you want to look at XNA for X360 Live - but it is not cross-patform