How to Generate a Surface using GL_TRIANGLE(i am using freeglut)

Hello.

Please help me generate a surface specifically using Gl_TRIANGLE for an array of three dimensional points.
Its a cylinder. If any examples are there please give the link.i will be very grateful.

[QUOTE=qawded;1251954]Hello.

Please help me generate a surface specifically using Gl_TRIANGLE for an array of three dimensional points.
Its a cylinder. If any examples are there please give the link.i will be very grateful.[/QUOTE]

Please someone reply…

We answer questions on code you have written not requests to code develop ment

[QUOTE=qawded;1251954]Please help me generate a surface specifically using Gl_TRIANGLE for an array of three dimensional points. Its a cylinder. If any examples are there please give the link.i will be very grateful.[/QUOTE] Your question is so basic that one wonders if you’ve figured out how to create an OpenGL window correctly. Can you at least do that and display a few points or one triangle?

Thanx for the insult. I have figured out how to do it.

[QUOTE=qawded;1251998]Thanx for the insult. I have figured out how to do it.[/QUOTE] Congrats on solving your problem. Notice that you did not get any helpful replies to your question. This is because you made it sound like you didn’t know what you were doing. It seemed like you hadn’t done any work at all and wanted the forum to do it for you. There’s a lot of that going on here. Next time show the forum how much work you’ve done. You could have done that by stating that you can display a set of points in a GLUT window which make up the surface of a cylinder. You could also have posted a picture of the points. That would have made it clear that you had actually done some work. That will get you more responses on the forum.

[QUOTE=Carmine;1252010]Congrats on solving your problem.

I still have one problem. the triangles are always filled ones irrespective of the glpolygonmode i.e GL_fill or GL_LINE. any known reason for that.