Problem with 3D stereoscopic view -- Please Help

Hi,
I have developed some programs that are working well with 3D stereoscopic view.
But I am in trouble with a program which is not originally mine and I should work on!
Its functions of stereoscopic view work fine when I replace them in other programs but they do not work in the original one.
I have enabled GLUT_STEREO but when I get GL_STEREO it returns false!
My left and right back buffers seem that do not work. So when I draw the image once for the left eye and once for the right eye the second image is drawn on the first image. Thus nothing is 3D.
I am confused please help me
Thanks in advance

Hmm, what other attributes do you request for your framebuffer config (e.g. double buffers, depth buffer)? Since you are not getting a framebuffer config that supports stereo, the driver does not seem to be able to honour all attributes you request and drops some in an attempt to give you a framebuffer config that is close to what you are asking for (see the description of how attribute matching works in glXChooseFBConfig).

What graphics hardware are you running? It may not support separate left and right buffers. For example, I believe windowed quad-buffer stereo is only supported on Quadro and not GEForce cards.

I have other applications which can be run on the same computer(Graphic card + monitor + settings) with stereoscopic view. But this program is killing me. Its stereo functions work fine when I replace them in another program but does not work in this program correctly. I have enabled GLUT_STEREO but can’t get rid of the problem.

perhaps quad buffer only works in fullscreen mode …

I made it full screen by calling glutFullScreen(); after window creation. Nothing changed and I am still having the problem.

FYI This program uses “freeglut and glut a confusing mixture!”

My colleague used to work with it and it was stereo before. But once; his computer corrupted and he re-installed his windows and all of his configurations and maybe settings got lost. After that the program acted like a non-stereo program. Nothing is changed about the program but the windows, etc. Maybe environment variables, visual studio settings …

I am using it in my computer and I get non-stereo view too. Nothing is wrong with the graphic card settings cause other programs can be run in stereo mode.

FYI This program uses “freeglut and glut a confusing mixture!”

What yo you mean by that? Freeglut is an implementation of the original “GLUT” library plus some extensions. Are you saying the program is linking to both libraries? I would expect that to fail and the linker to complain about duplicated symbols.

Ignoring the glut/freeglut issue for now, I think you are at a point where you’ll have to run the program under a (OpenGL-) debugger to find out what’s going on; gDEbugger or apitrace may be useful for that.

[QUOTE=carsten neumann;1250534]What yo you mean by that? Freeglut is an implementation of the original “GLUT” library plus some extensions. Are you saying the program is linking to both libraries? I would expect that to fail and the linker to complain about duplicated symbols.

Ignoring the glut/freeglut issue for now, I think you are at a point where you’ll have to run the program under a (OpenGL-) debugger to find out what’s going on; gDEbugger or apitrace may be useful for that.[/QUOTE]

[b]To all who refer to this page and had the same experience:
I solved the problem after a long time! maybe 2 weeks!
The solution was very simple: I just replaced “freeglut” with the latest version!

[/b]