Resources about mesh

Hello everyone,

I was looking for mesh related tutorials/books, but I found only a few examples and no books.

I tried with all that came to my mind in google.

It will be of great help if someone can point me to a good set of mesh related tutorials or books.

thanks.

Do you want info on loading things like .obj and .x - or rendeing a vertex buffer?

tonyo_au, thanks for the reply.

I’m actually looking for information on loading, rendering of mesh information along with the animations if any.

I want to learn about adding some clothes to the any character, changing some shapes within a mesh.

I want to know how these things are handled in any rendering engine in some detail.

It will be very helpful if I can be pointed to some resources.

thanks.

This is a big topic you are not going to find a single tutorial to cover it all. Break it down into topics like rendering meshes and search for thinks like vertex buffers or VBO. Get to understand how to render a simple mesh like a box first then move to non-animated objects like .obj or .x. Finally attack boning/skinning.

Before I can suggest tutorials I need to know what you know about OpenGL. Have you programmed using it before?

Thanks again tonyo_au.

I did some beginner opengl (v3.3) programming like loading a .obj model with a simple texture on it (without any anomation)in c++.

There are mesh 2 formats I know of that support animations .x and .dae.
Since you know that basics of loading a .obj, I have this link for .x

http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technical/directx-and-xna/loading-and-displaying-x-files-without-directx-r2221

I have not used this code so I don;t know how good it is but the article should take you a long way.

thanks for the link tonyo_au. I think this is a good start.