Graphical Text Input Boxes

In most games there are input boxes; for example, username and password details at the start of an MMO, or entering a characters name at the start of an RPG. In previous projects I’ve created pop-up dialog boxes to do this, but these are pop-up windows and not actually in the opengl window. How do I create these in-window text input boxes?

Thanks,
Rowan.

You have to roll your own - OpenGL is not a gui. This might help http://gigi.sourceforge.net/

Thanks, GiGi looks like the sort of library I was after. Only problem is, It needs the file boost/serialization/is_abstract.hpp. I’m using boost 1.52.0 and I can’t see the file. Do I need an older version of boost?

Ok, in the GiGi documentation they use boost 1.34. I downloaded this and tried to compile my program with it. I got the error

error C2027: use of undefined type ‘boost::STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<x>’

Also, in the output window, for each file compiled it says

Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the results

Is this because It’s an older version of boost? In which case, how can I compile it?

I don’t actually use this, I just collected it along the way, but you do have all the source so it can’t be hard to upgrade the code to support the version of boost you are using.