displaying a Wavefront .obj File + material & textures

I really don’t know how i can do it because i’m new in programming with OpenGL. But i want to display the Objects i downloaded from a website.
The Objects i downloaded contains 6 different types:
1 wavefront .obj which i already can load
1 .mtl which i can load too
many .png texture files which i have too convert to .tga but can load too
and then the 3 endings i have problems with:
.dae .smd & .psk

does anybody of you know a loader who supports this?

if not maybe you can give me an example how to load any object from this page: models-resource.com/wii_gamecube/pokepark2/index.html

and i JUST want to LOAD them i don’t want to animate it or make actions with it i just want to display them and maybe rotate them

thanks for your help

PS: please excuse my bad english but… i think this is an english forum… but i’m german and my english is like you can see not the best^^ so please feel free to answer me in german _

You need to learn to use Google more

http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngcode.html
http://assimp.sourceforge.net/

i used google already but i only fount trash^^ this links you show me do they support the missing formats?

Have a look at the third link it does the most but you probably won’t find one open source system that does everything. You will need to mix and match.

and i really don’t want to annoy you i think this assimp is nearly the thing i was looking for except it don’t supports the .psk format but i think this is the skelletton format so i don’t need it… but maybe you can write me a code where you display a random one from the website i gave before: models-resource.com/wii_gamecube/pokepark2/index.html
I don’t care what object you load but without an example i can’t do anything with that assimp^^
I’m really sorry

Read our FAQ - we don’t write code for people - we help answer questions when your code doesn’t work - sorry

nams… … i have to guess but i think whatever you have wrote is NOT english or german…

tonyo:
okay then… maybe… is there some help given to this assimp? because i installed it and… it’s just a ready program. The graphics are shown for sure but … how can i implement these graphics in MY code? is there a help given? or do i have to include some header files? ^^ please give me some help you can give without acting against the FAQ :slight_smile:

On the Assimp site,there’s a viewer available,but I don’t know if the source is avallable.
If not this site would be useful:

Bye
Claude

I’ll look at it soon very very thank you _
i hope it works^^ it can’t be this difficult to display Object files which where exported from a Wii console^^
i think this is what an emulator does !!

Okay sorry for the late answer ^^ i was a little busy

please i really need help with assimp it’s impossible to use any example source code it says always:
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(134,5): error MSB3073: Der Befehl “copy “Release\SimpleOpenGL.exe” …\bin
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(134,5): error MSB3073: copy …\bin\assimp_release-dll_Win32\Assimp32.dll …\bin
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(134,5): error MSB3073:
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(134,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd” wurde mit dem Code 1 beendet.

what can i do?
it can’t be that difficult to import this damn 3D Object files
please help