Strange render results when changing from GeForce 9800 GT to new GT630 adapter

Hi all,

I have a strange problem with my new NVidia display adapter.
I make my own Windows OpenGL application, nothing fancy, just simple plain OpenGL with some optional shaders.
Suddenly my old adapter (NVidia GeForce 9800 GT) broke down, so I bought a new one, a NVidia GT630.
After installing the adapter and updating the NVidia driver my application showed an image i did not expect (see the picture).

De image shows objects that looks like rendered with all lines between the vertices as being transparent.
The globe, a sphere, was build by my application with QUADS, i think the driver or the renderer makes TRIANGLES from then, fine with me. Culling is off, glPolygonMode() is GL_FILL for both sides.
The same application (with the same scene) works fine (but not as fast) on my laptop with a (simple) Intel adapter.

Has anyone any suggestion to solve this problem ??
Is it a bug in my application that was not revealed by the 9800GT (i things not, i use simple plain OpenGL)?
Or is it something in the NVidia driver?

Thanks for responding, Joris Mulder

( My application can be downloaded from my web-site www.jorismulder.nl )

Looks like a change in some default setting - that seems to be drawing a wireframe on top of your objects.

You are seeing polygon gaps, which this is happening is a mystery.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.