Application crash on glColor4f

I am drawing a rectangular but on glColor4f app crash, and this happen only in ios4.3 devices not on iOS 5.1. I am stuck over here please help me on that. I am doing following code.

QCAR::Matrix44F modelViewProjection;

glColor4f(0.5f,0.0f,0.0f,0.0f);

ShaderUtils::multiplyMatrix(&qUtils.projectionMatrix.data[0], &modelViewMatrix.data[0], &modelViewProjection.data[0]);
                glUseProgram(shaderProgramID);
                glVertexAttribPointer(vertexHandle, 3, GL_FLOAT, GL_FALSE, 0, (const GLvoid*) &vbVertices[0]);
                glEnableVertexAttribArray(vertexHandle);
                glUniformMatrix4fv(mvpMatrixHandle, 1, GL_FALSE, (GLfloat*)&modelViewProjection.data[0] );
                glColor4f(0.5f,0.0f,0.0f,0.0f);

glEnableClientState (GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);
                glEnableClientState (GL_COLOR_ARRAY); 
                glEnableClientState(GL_COLOR_ARRAY);    
              //  glColorPointer(4, GL_FLOAT, 0, triangleColors);  
                glVertexPointer(3, GL_FLOAT, 0, (const GLvoid*) &vbVertices[0]); 
                glDisableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);
                glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
                glDrawArrays(GL_LINES, 0, 8);
                //glDisableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);
                //glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
                glDisableVertexAttribArray(vertexHandle);

This is an OpenGL ES issue, but I’m fairly sure that the ES versions that offer glVertexAttribPointer are not the same ones that offer glColor. Or, to put it another way, OpenGL ES 2.0 does not have glColor, glVertexPointer, and so forth. They’re gone. Similarly, OpenGL ES 1.1 doesn’t have glVertexAttribPointer, because it doesn’t have shaders (and only shaders can use generic attributes).

You’ve somehow mixed two different versions of OpenGL ES. You shouldn’t do that.

[QUOTE=Alfonse Reinheart;1242384]This is an OpenGL ES issue, but I’m fairly sure that the ES versions that offer glVertexAttribPointer are not the same ones that offer glColor. Or, to put it another way, OpenGL ES 2.0 does not have glColor, glVertexPointer, and so forth. They’re gone. Similarly, OpenGL ES 1.1 doesn’t have glVertexAttribPointer, because it doesn’t have shaders (and only shaders can use generic attributes).

You’ve somehow mixed two different versions of OpenGL ES. You shouldn’t do that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, So can you help me giving some code how to draw a rectangular using OPENGL1, and also OPENGL2.0. Thanks in Advance. Have a great day.

OpenGL 2.0 is not the same thing as OpenGL ES 2.0. The ES is important.

Also, ES 2.0 is not backwards-compatible with ES 1.1. So ES 2.0 code will not simply work in ES 1.1.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.